Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Given my love for all things edible, Tasty Tuesday is my favorite day of the week.  I love getting in the kitchen (or firing up the grill) and trying out some new, dog-friendly recipes.  This week I want to showcase an excellent Dog Cookbook called The Good Food Cookbook for Dogs, by Donna Twichell Roberts and available on Amazon.  This cookbook is not your run-of-the-mill dog treat recipe book; it has great stews and snacks, and even dog-friendly holiday foods (hellloooo birthday cake!).  The best part is that the recipes call for ingredients that most of us have on hand in our kitchen already - one less trip to the grocery store always makes my human happy!

And the photography!  This cookbook is filled with beautiful, vibrant photos of the food, which I find helps to inspire me to try the recipes.  The recipes themselves are written in an easy to read format, and are easy enough for my unskilled human to figure out a novice cook to find success. 


I can't wait to try some recipes from this stunning cookbook!  Check back next Tuesday to see what I decide to whip up first!  Do you know of any other great dog-friendly cookbooks?  Have any tried and true dog-friendly recipes that you love?  Let me know in the comments!



Please note that I did not receive any compensation for this article, and all opinions shared are my own!







Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...This is a Blog Hop!


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you decided to make! I have heard of several dog cookbooks, but don't own one yet! It's on my doggie-to-get-list...which is pretty extensive ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! The cookbook is super fun, we've actually had it for awhile and just "rediscovered" it - I'm excited to get my paws dirty and try some of the recipes out!

      Delete
  2. We have never made any homemade dog treats but would love to! Thanks for the book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I would love to hear about what you make!

      Delete