Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"E" is for Eggplant

Originally I was going to write about Easter for my A-to-Z Challenge “E” post; but, I had an amazing “E” event happen to me over the weekend that I just had to share with you:  I grew an Eggplant!  OK, let me back up a little here.
Several weeks ago I visited a local nursery in a quest to try to make my home a little greener, and while shopping I stumbled upon a cute eggplant and tomato plant.  I stopped and stared for awhile, and then it hit me:  I could grow my own vegetables at home!  So after soaking up a little sun at the nursery, I purchased those beautiful little plants and (carefully) drove them home.




After a little effort, and a lot of Florida sunshine and water, my little plant produced a little eggplant.  I was so excited when I got to clip that little eggplant off of the stalk that I had to photograph the event.  I also had to make sure that I was dressed for the event in my sweet overalls.  Gardening turned out to be easier than I had expected, and I am looking forward to cultivating my green paw throughout the season.  Have you ever grown your own vegetables?  Tell me all about it in the comments!

Have a question?  Want to sponsor a post on my blog?  Contact me!  You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.  You can also email me at DaisyTheFrenchBulldog (at) outlook (dot) com.


No comments:

Post a Comment