Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lilo the Pug Joins the Pack

As some of you may know, I have a little "sister" named Lilo.  And she's a pug.  And she has the biggest bug-eye-pug-eyes you have ever seen.  She's only about five months old, but she acts like she runs the place - and she has from the moment we met!  Let's get out your time machine and travel back to around Valentine's Day of this year, when Lilo joined our pack.  (Seriously, we're going to have to use yours - mine ran out of plutonium).

I present to you Exhibit A - the first time I laid eyes on that pug; it was pug love at first sight - I just wish that my humans had warned me that they were going out to buy a pug.  I thought they were just going to grab me some Taco Bell.  Boy was I wrong.

You don't smell like a Doritos Locos Taco.

Umm, Ma, this is NOT the Doritos Locos Tacos that I ordered.  And where's my Mountain Dew?  What the....  But, my insecurity wore off, and she quickly became a novelty.  So much fun to chase and play with!  Until my human cornered her and scared the poop out of her (not literally, thank goodness).  Don't believe me?  Check out Exhibit B (OK, so maybe not SCARED per se...actually, now that you mention it, Lilo may have just had gas):

Look deep into my eyes.  Whoever smelt it dealt it.

Like Lilo's gas, the shock passed and we soon became inseparable.  This sweet little pug had so much to learn!  I had to show her which toys were the best, and how to sit in the kitchen until the humans got the hint that she wanted food.  She didn't even know that she was supposed to sleep in her bed, not next to it!  Silly pug, Trix are for kids

Lilo the Pug got run over by a reindeer, coming home from our house Christmas Eve....


She's got them apple-bottom jeans, boots with the fur...the whole club was lookin' at her...she hit the floor, next thing you know, Lilo got low, low low - sorry got carried away on this caption.

My sweet little Lilo has grown quite a bit since we first met, but one thing has remained the same:  she is my best friend!  We spend our days playing and napping together, and I even do her the favor of cleaning her food bowl when she's done.  Quality control - have to make sure the pup's bowl doesn't have any leftovers is spic and span.  I am so thankful that Lilo has joined the pack - she is the best buddy that any dog could ask for!  Do you have any dog best friends?  I'd love to hear all about it in the comments!

Don't smile or anything, Lilo.  This is her artistic pose:  a Pug and her Pinwheel

We love watching #AlohaVet, can you tell?



http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment