I am playing a little “catch-up” today with my A-to-Z Challenge; my human thought it would be a great idea to bleach our patio last night during my blog hour. Since I don’t have thumbs, I kind of rely on her to transcribe my thoughts. My thoughts are that it was a bad idea to bleach the patio last night when I needed her thumbs. And since there is no other clever segue to bridge germicidal bleach and grapes, I also think it is a bad idea to feed dogs Grapes, and here’s why.
According to the ASPCA, grapes and raisins create a toxicosis that generally results in kidney failure in dogs. PetMD
further explains that even small amounts of grapes or raisins can prove
fatal, regardless of a dog’s size, age, breed, or genders. PetMD
also lists several symptoms associated with grape or raisin ingestion,
and recommends emergency medical care for your dog should she/he ingest a
grape or rains. Some of these symptoms include: vomiting/ diarrhea;
loss of appetite; lethargy; dehydration; and kidney failure. Please, be
careful what you feed your dog and be mindful of what foods are nearby
that your dog may be able to reach.
Since I sufficiently scared my human with the content of this
article, she refused to let me pose near grapes. Even if they were
sealed in a package and I promised not to even look at them. We agreed
on this prop, instead.
Have a question or want to sponsor a post on my blog? Contact me! You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, or you can e-mail me at DaisyTheFrenchBulldog (at) outlook (dot) com.
**Please note that I am not a vet nor am I affiliated with any of the
companies or links included in this post. If you have a medical
question, or if you believe that your pet has ingested a toxic food,
please contact your vet immediately.